Yacht Club Games has today revealed a brand new entry into its hugely popular Shovel Knight series. Confirmed for release on Nintendo Switch, the new game is called Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon.
The news comes from today’s Yacht Club Games Presents video presentation, where the brand new puzzle-adventure mashup was shown off for the first time. Players will join Shovel Knight on a journey into the depths of the titular Pocket Dungeon, joining up with a mysterious guide known as Puzzle Knight to shovel through foes, grab new equipment, and battle bosses both new and familiar.
It’s essentially a falling block-style puzzler, but it comes with a dungeon-crawling twist, as explained by this feature list:
● Enter a world of falling block puzzle games, with a dungeon-crawling twist! An all-new hybrid that’s never been seen before.
● Bump into enemies to battle them and trade damage in a unique combat system. Group foes together for massive chain attacks while grabbing keys, power-ups, and potions to refill your health!
● A bold new visual style complements a new story. Learn the ropes from your pal Puzzle Knight as you attempt to escape the mysterious Pocket Dungeon. Shovel Knight’s signature storytelling and humor are on full display!
● Take control of more than 10 of your favorite heroes from the Shovel Knight universe, each with a unique power and play style.
● Equip yourself on the fly with a treasure trove of items and equipment. Mix and match your loadout to prepare for any encounter.
● Play in a variety of ways with Story Mode, 2 player competitive Versus Mode, and much more.
● Another incomparable soundtrack in a new style by astonishing virtuoso Jake Kaufman!
The game will be released on Nintendo Switch and other platforms this fall.
Are you a Shovel Knight fan? Do you think you’ll give this puzzle adventure a go? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.